In Wikipedia and Larousse, a trace is defined as the influence of an event on its environment. It is a series of mark left by a human, an animal or a thing in the environment. For instance, a dog follows the mark of somebody.
In the Collins dictionary, a trace is defined by:
- – a mark or other sign that something has been in a place, archaeological remains;
- – a tiny or scarcely detectable amount or characteristic;
- – a footprint or other indication of the passage of an animal or person;
- – any line drawn by a recording instrument or a record consisting of a number of such lines;
- – something drawn, such as a tracing.
A trace is used in several domains as follows:
- – in medicine: the postulated alteration in the cells of the nervous system that occurs as the result of any ...