In Wikipedia and Larousse, a trace is defined as the influence of an event on its environment. It is a series of mark left by a human, an animal or a thing in the environment. For instance, a dog follows the mark of somebody.
In the Collins dictionary, a trace is defined by:
- – a mark or other sign that something has been in a place, archaeological remains;
- – a tiny or scarcely detectable amount or characteristic;
- – a footprint or other indication of the passage of an animal or person;
- – any line drawn by a recording instrument or a record consisting of a number of such lines;
- – something drawn, such as a tracing.
A trace is used in several domains as follows:
- – in medicine: the postulated alteration in the cells of the nervous system that occurs as the result of any ...
Get Daily Knowledge Valuation in Organizations now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.