This chapter covers the following topics:
• Traffic patterns overview
• Performance metrics concepts
• Overview of performance metrics used on routers, switches, and firewalls
• In-depth analysis of performance metrics for load balancers and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) offloaders
• Performance benchmark-testing efforts
This chapter introduces multiple topics related to benchmarking the performance of devices typically found in Data Centers, such as switches, routers, server load balancers, and firewalls. The discussion includes a short analysis of data traffic patterns, testing tools, testing tips, and server performance metrics. The chapter also discusses the metrics you use to measure the ...