Video DescriptionRecorded live at Data Modeling Zone!
Follow along with data management expert Arthur Lindow and learn the techniques for identifying disparate data sources and how to “connect the dots” to create a common view plus data lineage.
Are your business analysts trying to generate visualizations and reports using multiple stand-alone systems instead of a single source of truth? Or are they using multiple reporting systems attached to individual data sources? How do they determine which is the correct method for calculations and aggregations? How do they determine which data is important and which isn't? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could get everything into a single data warehouse with consistent terminology across the business? IDERA’s Arthur Lindow will walk you through the steps to consolidate your disparate data sources into a single repository and generate a concise and unified architecture for a data warehouse. This will enable your organization to create more accurate and efficient reports. You can satisfy the needs of the business users quickly and easily with a good data warehouse design. You will learn how to:
- Identify the disparate sources needed for the data warehouse
- Document the relevant information needed by the business
- Create the layout of data warehouse for visualizations
Table of Contents
- Title: Data Lineage: Creating a Single Version of the Truth (Recorded live at Data Modeling Zone US)
- Release date: January 2020
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: None