Book DescriptionA holistic, step-by-step approach to analyzing health care data!
Written for both beginner and intermediate JMP users working in or studying health care, Data Management and Analysis Using JMP: Health Care Case Studies bridges the gap between taking traditional statistics courses and successfully applying statistical analysis in the workplace. Authors Jane Oppenlander and Patricia Schaffer begin by illustrating techniques to prepare data for analysis, followed by presenting effective methods to summarize, visualize, and analyze data. The statistical analysis methods covered in the book are the foundational techniques commonly applied to meet regulatory, operational, budgeting, and research needs in the health care field.
This example-driven book shows practitioners how to solve real-world problems by using an approach that includes problem definition, data management, selecting the appropriate analysis methods, step-by-step JMP instructions, and interpreting statistical results in context. Practical strategies for selecting appropriate statistical methods, remediating data anomalies, and interpreting statistical results in the domain context are emphasized.
The cases presented in Data Management and Analysis Using JMP use multiple statistical methods. A progression of methods--from univariate to multivariate--is employed, illustrating a logical approach to problem-solving. Much of the data used in these cases is open source and drawn from a variety of health care settings. The book offers a welcome guide to working professionals as well as students studying statistics in health care-related fields.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About This Book
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Nurses’ Perceptions of Evidence-based Practice: Assessing the Current Culture
- Chapter 3: Nurses’ Perceptions of Evidence-based Practice: Does It Differ by Organization Level?
- Chapter 4: Health Care Costs Associated with Smoking: A National Perspective
- Chapter 5: Health Care Costs Associated with Smoking and Cessation Expenditures
- Chapter 6: Creatinine Levels in Hospitalized Patients
- Chapter 7: Acute Kidney Injury in Hospitalized Patients
- Chapter 8: Visualizing Influenza Activity
- Chapter 9: Appointment Wait Times at Veterans Medical Centers
- Chapter 10: Have Appointment Wait Times Changed at Veterans Medical Centers?
- Chapter 11: Health Care Costs for Newborns in Adirondack Hospitals
- Chapter 12: Building a Simple Predictive Model for Health Care Costs for Newborns in Adirondack Hospitals
- Chapter 13: Building a Multivariate Predictive Model for Health Care Costs for Newborns in Adirondack Hospitals
- Additional Resources
- Title: Data Management and Analysis Using JMP
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): SAS Institute
- ISBN: 9781629605401