Tableau is one of the most powerful, easy use and widely accepted data analysis and visualization tools that do not provide handy data explanatory analysis capabilities but also provides a developer-friendly drag and drop interface to easily visualize your key findings.
This course explains right from the scratch, starting from downloading and installing your own copy of Tableau Desktop to developing, formatting and publishing your dashboard to Tableau Public.
In this course, we will walk together from the start point till the end, by understanding each concept till its roots, starting from connecting your data source then manipulating the same to achieve the desired results. Later, we will bring forward the data-driven Insights and understanding key Tableau concepts & Calculations. Finally, we will be creating a dashboard, to sum up, all.
Upon finishing this course, you'll be a highly proficient Tableau user. You will not only learn how tableau works but also you will be able to understand “Why it works the way it works”.
You’ll be able to use your skills as a data analyst to extract relevant insights out of data by analysing & visualizing the same into useful KPI’s and presentable Tableau Dashboards.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started with Tableau
- Chapter 2: Handling Data in Tableau
Chapter 3: Built in Visuals and Beyond Show Me
- Implementation Using Show Me – Part 1 – Bar Charts
- Implementation Using Show Me – Part 2 – Line Charts
- Implementation Using Show Me – Part 3 – Combined Charts
- Implementation Using Show Me – Part 4 – Heat and Tree Maps
- Implementation Using Show Me – Part 5 – Visualizing Geographical Data
- Building and Understanding Hierarchies
- Beyond Show Me – Thermometer Charts
- Beyond Show Me – Bump Charts
- Beyond Show Me – Barbell or Dumbell Charts
- Beyond Show Me – Sparkline Charts
- Chapter 4: Data Analytics in Tableau
- Chapter 5: Visual Analytics in Tableau
- Chapter 6: Mastering Calculations in Tableau
- Chapter 7: Create Your Own Dashboard
- Title: Data Visualization Using Tableau
- Release date: March 2021
- Publisher(s): EC-Council
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Data Visualization with Tableau
Tableau is one of the fastest evolving Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization tools. Data Visualization …
Fundamentals of Data Visualization
Effective visualization is the best way to communicate information from the increasingly large and complex datasets …
Hands-On Data Visualization
Tell your story and show it with data, using free and easy-to-learn tools on the web. …
Learn How to Use Alteryx and Tableau to Quickly Blend Data and Gain Insights Through Visualization
If you want to learn how to pull together data sources and analyze results quickly and …