In this chapter we discuss advanced XML query topics, common errors, and guidelines for avoiding performance pitfalls. The examples include both XQuery and SQL/XML queries. This chapter is organized along the following topics:
• Aggregation and grouping in XML queries (section 9.1)
• Joins between XML columns as well as joins between XML and relational data (section 9.2)
• XML queries with case-insensitive string predicates (section 9.3)
• Guidelines for avoiding common performance problem (section 9.4)
• Common errors in XML queries and how to resolve them (section 9.5)
The recommended and most efficient way to perform ...