Chapter 15. Managing XML Data with Namespaces
In the previous chapters you have learned how to store, index, query, construct, and update XML documents in DB2. In those discussions we have assumed that the XML documents do not contain namespaces. When XML namespaces are present, additional considerations are required, which are described in this chapter. The discussion of namespaces is split into the following topics:
• Understanding namespaces and namespace declarations (section 15.1)
• Obtaining namespace information from XML documents (section 15.2)
• Writing XQuery and SQL/XML queries for XML data with namespaces (section 15.3)
• Defining and using XML indexes in the presence of namespaces (section 15.4)
• Generating XML documents ...