The proven process for making the most of every business meeting—from the coauthor of the international bestseller Dealing with People You Can’t Stand
From Dr. Rick Brinkman, one of the bestselling masterminds who made Dealing with People You Can’t Stand a little less painful—and a lot more productive—comes the much-needed cure for that time-wasting, headache-inducing, soul-sucking plague known as meetings. This proven step-by-step method addresses the most common problems that derail a meeting: preparation, people, process, and time.
Dr. Brinkman provides key insights into the human behaviors that lead to unsuccessful meetings, along with psychologically-based tactics for addressing them. You will learn how to:
• get rid of unnecessary meetings
• start and end on time
• develop and execute an effective agenda
• address disruptive and problem behaviors
• balance participation so assertive people don’t dominate and passive people say what they really think
• eliminate tangents and maintain focus
• ensure effective follow-up
This practical and easily implementable process applies to in-person as well as virtual meetings of any size. Filled with helpful checklists and change-making strategies, Dealing with Meetings You Can’t Stand will turn the most boring conference room into a fast-moving model of efficiency, energy, and enthusiasm. You need not suffer in a meeting ever again.