Push the envelope of data science by exploring emerging topics such as neural networks, deep learning, speech recognition, and visual intelligence with this video collection, taken from the Hardcore Data Science sessions at Strata + Hadoop World conferences in 2014 and 2015.
This video collection includes:
Neural Networks for Machine Perception
Ilya Sutskever (Google Inc)
Learn what neural networks are, how they work, and how they helped achieve the recent record-breaking performance on speech recognition and visual object recognition.
Beyond DNNs towards New Architectures for Deep Learning, with Applications to Large Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition
Tara Sainath (Google)
Tara presents the latest improvements in deep neural networks (DNNs), including alternative architectures such as Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) and Long Short-Term Memory (LSTM) Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs).
A Quest for Visual Intelligence in Computers
Fei-Fei Li (Stanford University)
Look into computer vision technology, including ongoing projects in large-scale object recognition and visual scene story telling from Stanford Vision Lab.
Building and Deploying Large-scale Machine Learning Pipelines Using the Berkeley Data Analytics Stack
Ben Recht (University of California, Berkeley)
Focus on scalable computational tools for large-scale data analysis, statistical signal processing, and machine learning. Ben explores the intersections of convex optimization, mathematical statistics, and randomized algorithms.
Table of Contents
- Introduction - Deep Learning at Strata+Hadoop World - Ben Lorica 00:01:06
- Neural Networks for Machine Perception - Ilya Sutskever 00:29:58
- Beyond DNNs towards New Architectures for Deep Learning, with Applications to Large Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition - Tara Sainath 00:34:05
- A Quest for Visual Intelligence in Computers - Fei-Fei Li 00:29:39
- Building and Deploying Large-scale Machine Learning Pipelines Using the Berkeley Data Analytics Stack - Ben Recht 00:28:04
- Title: Deep Learning
- Release date: June 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491931011