The strategy behind degunking is based on how Windows operates in the first place. To fully understand how the 12-step program works, you must first understand
• How Windows stores certain types of files in specific folders and libraries
• How Windows provides default folders for specific types of files
• How data is stored and retrieved on your hard drive
• How programs and utilities automatically load when you start Windows
• How Windows uses an internal database, called the Registry, to store critical information about your computer
• How basic services such as e-mail, security, and data backups work
• How the Windows recovery features, such as System Restore or the Repair option on the Windows 7 DVD, can be ...