Organizing principles to apply to your things
These principles will help your attendees be more organized in where they put and retrieve the items they need in order to perform their work.
Here are some effective ways to organize yourself and your materials:
- Organize by a principle: by date (chronologically), by category, by file color, or alphabetically.
- Rearrange your materials so that files or books related to current, active projects are close at hand, as well as supplies you use every day.
- Group similar tasks together. (See the Repetitive Tasks Organizer box.)
- Eliminate clutter: Discard, give away, pass along, recycle, or sell unnecessary items.
- Make a commitment to getting and staying organized as part of your job, not something you will do when ...