Chapter 8. Setting and Meeting Deadlines
Note to Trainer:
In this chapter/module, you and your attendees will explore the concept of a deadline as well as better ways to set and meet deadlines, so IT professionals can be more efficient and less frenzied.
This chapter/module on deadlines will cover the following topics:
- Why do so many people dread deadlines?
- Changing attitudes toward deadlines
- Deadlines as a useful time management tool
- Guidelines for how to set realistic deadlines
- Project management basics
- Working with a project manager—is this something you should be delegating? If so, to whom?
- Strategies if you agreed to an unrealistically quick deadline.
- How to handle the realization that you can't make your deadline
- If you and your staff practice effective ...