But what if you and someone at work have a conflict? When you interact with someone, there is always the potential for harmony, or for conflict. Here are some suggestions for how to deal with conflicts:
- Cool off. Avoid over-reacting and saying words in the heat of the moment that you may regret later.
- Maintaining a polite tone is very important. Nothing will scare or intimidate people more at work or in business than a raised or angry voice.
- Avoid ultimatums.
- Let them tell their side of it.
- Put yourself in the other person's shoes.
- Agree to disagree.
- Reinforce the value of your relationship.
- Say I'm sorry if you were wrong.
- Ask for understanding. For example, if you know you were wrong, explain what might have been the reason for ...