Chapter 4. Installation of IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager in a large enterprise 183
8. Figure 4-66 shows the status of the installation process. Click Close to finish
Figure 4-66 Product installation summary
As shown in Figure 4-66, the Inventory Gateway installed successfully.
4.8.3 Installing the Pristine Manager Gateway, Version 4.2.2
Perform the following steps to install the Pristine Manager Gateway:
1. Open the Tivoli desktop, as described in 4.6.2, “Opening the Tivoli desktop”
on page 154.
2. Select Desktop → Install → Install Product, as shown in Figure 4-67 on
184 Deployment Guide Series: IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager
Figure 4-67 Install Product
3. An error message might be displayed when the Tivoli desktop cannot find the
file contents.lst, as shown in Figure 4-68. It is just a warning message. Click
Figure 4-68 Contents.lst error
Chapter 4. Installation of IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager in a large enterprise 185
4. Click Select Media, as shown in Figure 4-69.
Figure 4-69 Install Product window
186 Deployment Guide Series: IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager
5. In Figure 4-70, select the path where the Pristine directory is located and click
Set Media & Close.
Figure 4-70 Selecting the Pristine directory
Chapter 4. Installation of IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager in a large enterprise 187
6. In Figure 4-71, select the product to be installed and make sure that the
gateway is in the Clients to Install On area. Click the Install or Install & Close
Figure 4-71 Selecting the product and clients
Get Deployment Guide Series: IBM Tivoli Configuration Manager now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.