This publication defines and describes important aspects of organizational design decisions, and compares the strengths and weaknesses of specific organizational reporting structures. As part of this comparison, organizational design decisions are also examined through an analysis of data collected from a survey of 292 firms. Further, the research examines financial performance associated with different structural approaches.
Founded in 1963, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) is the preeminent worldwide professional association dedicated to the advancement and dissemination of research and knowledge on supply chain management. With over 8,500 members representing nearly all industry sectors, government, and academia from 67 countries, CSCMP members are the leading practitioners and authorities in the fields of logistics and supply chain management.
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Supply Chain Management Organizations are Rapidly Changing
- What Do SCMO Structures Look Like?
- SCMO Design and Performance Outcomes
- The Hybrid Matrix Reporting Structure
- Back Cover
- Title: Designing the “Right” Supply Chain Management Organizational Structure
- Release date: December 2014
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780134136929