Deploy, scale, and maintain your distributed applications with Kubernetes
About This Video
- Get acquainted with a modern DevOps workflow that targets Kubernetes
- Discover the intricacies of the Twitter Kubernetes deployment and management model
- Build modern, cloud-native services and applications using the best of Cloud Native Computing Foundation technologies.
Moving to microservices is not an easy transition for developers who have been building applications using more traditional methods. There are a ton of new concepts and details developers need to become familiar with when they design a distributed application. Throw Docker and Kubernetes into the mix and it becomes clear why many developers struggle to adapt to this new world.
The goal of this course is to walk you through the process of getting familiar with Kubernetes and its way of doing things. The course is designed to get you through the process of becoming familiar with the Kubernetes environment in order to be able to deploy, configure, and manage the environment where the services are going to run. You will go through examples based on the author’s real-world experience in working with Kubernetes while building complex distributed architectures. We focus on deploying services that need to store data and learn how Kubernetes Persistent Volumes can be used to create deployments that guarantee data resiliency. Moving on, we learn how to give services access to connection strings, usernames, passwords, and other sensitive information using Kubernetes Secrets.
By the end of the course, you will have mastered best practices and leveraged some of the latest DevOps technologies to increase agility and decrease time-to-market for the services you have built.
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for this course on GitHub at the following link: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Develop-and-Operate-Microservices-on-Kubernetes. If you require support please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Kubernetes
Chapter 2 : The Kubernetes Deployment Model
- Using ReplicaSets 00:03:22
- Connecting Services 00:06:34
- HTTP Connectivity with Ingress 00:05:06
- Managing the Application Lifecycle with Deployments 00:04:02
- Chapter 3 : Deploying Stateful Services
- Chapter 4 : Managing Configuration Data
- Chapter 5 : Continuous Delivery with Kubernetes
- Title: Develop and Operate Microservices on Kubernetes
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789135206