Chapter 16. Build Tools
Webpack can also:
- bundle css, images and other assets into the same package.
- pre-process files before bundling (less, coffee, jsx, etc).
- split your bundle into multiple files based on entry locations.
- support feature flags for development.
- perform “hot” module replacement.
- support asynchronous loading.
As a result, webpack can do the job of browserify and other build tools like grunt or gulp.
Webpack is a module system, it support adding and replacing plugins. By default it comes with a commonjs parser plugin enabled.
This section isn’t going to go into detail every aspect of webpack. Just the basics and what you need to get webpack ...