Combine the power of ThingWorx and IoT to create powerful real-world applications!
About This Video
- A friendly guide that shows how to build a weather IoT Device
- Covers the process of the basics of coding, enabling you to build IoT Solutions.
- A friendly guide on coding in Arduino IDE, so that you can build IoT Products
ThingWorx is the most popular cloud platform for industrial IoT. This course helps you build an app from scratch using ThingWorx.
In this course, you will develop an end-to-end IoT security solution for safety and security along with email and mobile app notifications. The project uses the ThingWorx Platform for cloud communication and involves an intermediary level of coding as you build end-to-end IoT security solutions. You will be coding in Arduino IDE to build an IoT product.
You will also learn to connect your edge device to the internet and eventually to the ThingWorx Platform, a key element in any IoT solution. In the final section, you will connect everything together and build an IoT solution for weather detection.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Developing-an-App-from-Scratch-with-ThingWorx
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Working with Software
- The Course Overview 00:02:45
- What Is the Arduino Language? 00:06:33
- Performing the Arduino IDE Setup 00:10:50
- Using the Syntax and Structures 00:06:03
- Applying Variables and Keywords 00:10:58
- Testing the Control Structures 00:09:12
- Using Arithmetic, Boolean, Comparison, and Other Operators 00:09:07
- Testing the Basic Functions 00:04:31
Chapter 2 : Using REST Services to Connect to ThingWorx Over Internet
- Using the Idea and Methods 00:03:54
- Create a Thing and Add Properties 00:08:05
- Setting Up Your REST Call Simulator 00:03:48
- Security Key Generation 00:02:40
- Performing REST Calls (GET) 00:08:39
- Performing REST Calls (PUT) 00:05:37
- Using a Wi-Fi Board with Sensors to Send Values to ThingWorx IoT Platform 00:11:10
Chapter 3 : Building a Security IoT Solution with an App and Email Notification
- Idea and Methods for IoT Security Solution 00:06:14
- Setting Up Your Circuit Diagram and Components 00:03:13
- Creating a Virtual Data Model for the IoT Solution 00:06:16
- Setup a Gmail Trigger Service 00:06:58
- Create and Subscribe to the Gmail Service and Test 00:08:53
- Let’s Build the Code and Test 00:13:42
- Build the App and Test 00:22:43
- End-to-End Demo 00:05:03
- Title: Developing an App from Scratch with ThingWorx
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788474245