What is Ember?
Ember.js is “a framework for building ambitious web applications.” In more specific terms, it is a collection of libraries, abstractions and conventions for dealing with the common challenges of building web applications.
Out of the box, Ember provides:
- Declarative, peformant data-bindings
- Sophisticated routing to tie URLs to application states
- A flexible and highly composable view layer
- Powerful templating with Handlebars
- Strong conventions for structuring applications
Ember is open source and community-driven. One of its guiding principles is that all the abstractions it provides should be extracted from real working applications, rather than being based in theory. In the words of co-creator Tom Dale:
Yehuda and ...