Learn to build mobile applications for the exciting new Android platform. When you purchase this product, you'll get access to the videos, slide presentations, and code examples associated with the online course, Developing Android Applications with Java, Part 2. As you learn, you will build a Twitter app from start to finish.
You can never have too many Twitter clients, as the market has already proven. We'll use a very comprehensive and useful library called twitter4j to do the heavy lifting for us, but there will be plenty of lifting left to do. We'll walk you through setting up sign ins, creating a public timeline, making sure your app is responsive and giving it style to stand out from the flock. Finally, for those times when 140 characters isn't enough, you'll extend your Twitter client to also post photos to the popular Twitpic image service.
Table of Contents
- Overview: Build an Android Twitter App
- Week 1: Getting Authenticated with Twitter
- Week 2: Displaying Tweets and the Twitter Public Timeline
- Week 3: Tweeting from Your App
- Week 4: Adding Style to Your App
- Week 5: Posting Photos from Your App
- Title: Developing Android Applications with Java, Part 2
- Release date: April 2010
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449392161