For all developers who want to leverage the power of Windows Workflow Foundation in their own applications.
Looking for a better way to master today’s rapidly changing programming technologies? Want expert help, but don’t have the time or energy to read a book? Can’t find classroom training worth the money? Discover LiveLessons: self-paced, personal video instruction from the world’s leading technology experts.
LiveLessons are three-to-four hour video courses, on DVD with a book supplement, that are organized into bite-sized, self-contained lessons–you’ll learn key skills in as little as fifteen minutes!
Each lesson begins with well-defined learning objectives and ends with comprehensive summaries, which help you track your progress.
Follow along as your instructor shows how to get results in today’s top development environments.
Windows Workflow Foundation is a complex topic. Much of the development and actions of workflows are completed interactively in Visual Studio Designer and are not easily communicated through the written word.
In twenty quick and easy lessons, .NET expert and trainer Brian Noyes takes you through comprehensive visual training and shows you how to build software that takes full advantage of this revolutionary new product. With Developing Applications with Windows Workflow Foundation,you’ll master workflow concepts, integration, persistence, Web services, exceptions, transactions, events, and more–all at your own pace.
Table of Contents
- 1 Windows Workflow Foundation LiveLessons Overview 00:08:57
- 2 Windows Workflow Overview 00:14:30
- 3 Windows Workflow Architecture and Services 00:13:09
- 4 Visual Studio 2005 Project and Item Templates 00:09:41
- 5 Sequential Workflow Basics 00:12:45
- 6 State Machine Workflow Basics 00:22:09
- 7 Base Activities 1: Code, IfElse, While 00:19:59
- 8 Base Activities 2: Delay, Sequence, Parallel, InvokeWorkflow 00:14:12
- 9 Base Activities 3: Listen, ConditionedActivityGroup, Replicator, Policy 00:31:42
- 10 Integrating WF into Applications 00:21:13
- 11 Enabling Persistence and Tracking 00:15:13
- 12 Passing Parameters Into and Out of a Workflow 00:09:39
- 13 Calling Into a Running Workflow from the Host Application 00:19:11
- 14 Calling from a Workflow into the Host Application 00:13:29
- 15 Web Service Calls Out from a Workflow 00:09:16
- 16 Web Service Calls into a Workflow 00:22:32
- 17 Handling Exceptions 00:16:16
- 18 Using Transactions in Workflows 00:16:23
- 19 Handling Events in Workflows 00:06:20
- 20 Developing Custom Composite Activities 00:10:30
- 21 Developing Custom Simple Activities 00:11:04
- Title: Developing Applications with Windows Workflow Foundation
- Release date: August 2007
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780321525987