Develop and deploy augmented reality apps using Vuforia SDK and Unity 3D
- Deploy full augmented reality experiences on iOS and Android
- Build a fully-functional augmented reality game and deploy it on iOS and Android
- Achieve better trackable performance for a robust experience
- Understand the prefabs and components that make up Vuforia SDK
- Explore the Unity environment to maximize your game development experience
While augmented reality has been around for years, it has never reached its full potential. Now, the vast majority of people are walking around with powerful smartphones that are perfectly suited to house the AR experience. This is the reason why the technology has become as popular as it is now. Augmented reality can deliver a level of immersion that is unrivalled by any other method of development, as it blends our reality with overlaid computer generated data.
Developing AR Games for iOS and Android is a well-structured guide that introduces you to the augmented reality world using a step-by-step approach. It will help you understand how to create powerful AR apps using Unity as well as how to create immersive experiences for users.
Developing AR Games for iOS and Android examines the structures of Vuforia and Unity and how they work together to create augmented reality. The book will introduce you to the structure of the Unity environment and how Vuforia facilitates creating AR apps.You will also see how easy it is to build a whole world in Unity’s Editor. You will go through the process of using Vuforia prefabs like the AR camera and Image Target in Unity, where you can build the AR experience in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get fashion.
In Developing AR Games for iOS and Android, you will learn both basic and advanced techniques that can be applied to achieve truly immersive AR apps and then how to deploy them on iOS and Android devices.
Table of contents
Developing AR Games for iOS and Android
- Table of Contents
- Developing AR Games for iOS and Android
- About the Authors
- About the Reviewers
- 1. What is Augmented Reality?
- 2. Setting Up the Environment
- 3. Understanding Vuforia
4. Trackables and Tracking
- What are trackables for image targets?
- Creating image targets
- Trackable score
- What decides trackable score?
- Exporting datasets to Unity
5. Advanced Augmented Reality
- Augmented reality games
- Unity as a game engine
- The Whack-A-Mole game
- The Whack-A-Mole model
- Creating the ball for the ball gun
- Adding audio sources
- Scripting the ball gun
- Vuforia trackable event handler
- Adding a Particles prefab
- Scripting the mole character
- Mask shader
- Title: Developing AR Games for iOS and Android
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783280032
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Learning Python Networking - Second Edition
Achieve improved network programmability and automation by leveraging powerful network programming concepts, algorithms, and tools Key …
Unity 2018 Augmented Reality Projects
Create engaging Augmented Reality (AR) applications with Unity 3D that can be experienced with devices such …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …