Start an app from scratch, complete your app, and deploy it to the App Store. If you've ever thought about creating your own iPhone App, this course is a good start!
About This Video
- Learn all the fundamentals of Swift 4 and use it to build interesting and useful apps
- Explore and implement the latest features of Swift 4 new codable protocols
- Build an Apple Watch app, location services app, communication app, and a simple game app—all in a single tutorial.
Developing iOS 11 Applications with Swift will teach you how to start an app from scratch, complete your app, and deploy it to the App Store. If you've ever thought about creating your own iPhone App, this course is a good start!
First, you learn how to install XCode9 and review some fundamental concepts of the Swift programming language. Using the new Contacts framework, you will create your own appealing UI and replace the previous framework. You will then create four apps, starting with a simple Apple Watch app. Then comes a Learning English Numbers game with voice responses; you will also learn different ways of storing data on a device using the new Swift4 codable protocols.
Then we create an app that uses the user's location to list surrounding places and finally a communication app with the new codable protocols of Swift 4. Each app will be developed step by step, explaining their concepts and ideas. Finally, you will learn how to deploy apps to the App Store, making them available for download on any device. After completing this course, you will be able to create your own apps by making the most of iOS 11 with Swift.
What you will learn
- Prepare your environment for iOS 11 development
- Understand the fundamentals of programming with the Swift 4 programming language
- Build simple apps and games using Swift
- Improve UI & UITableView in your apps.
- Develop a communication app to find an IP location
- Deploy your app to the App Store
- Bonus feature: Learn new Frameworks in iOS11.
Who should take this course
If you are an aspiring iOS 11 application developer with a keen interest in learning Swift 4 and deploying apps on iPhone, then this course is for you. This course is also for developers who may have built applications in Objective C for older iOS iterations but are not familiar with the new iOS 11.
About the author
Ignazio Calò is a Software Developer with an extensive experience in developing technologies both on the backend and mobile side. He likes to work in an agile environment having visibility on the entire software development life-cycle. He always tries to do his best to share knowledge across the team he works with. He is a Senior iOS Developer with eBay and has worked on eBay Kleinanzeigen (German version of the eBay App), ZipJet app, Foodoora - a food delivery iOS App, Lyke - a shopping app to discover and shop for the latest trends and styles, etc.He has worked for multiple customers like Ferrero and Pirelli, creating an application to integrate their SAP backend system into custom iOS apps.
Here is his LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ignazio-cal%C3%B2-56063622/
About Packt Video
Packt Video publishes friendly, practical video tutorials, packed with practical skills, concepts and guidance to help you succeed with new technologies and tasks. Packt Video’s series include Learn, Hands-On, Mastering, In 7 Days, Troubleshooting, and more. Our courses cover web and software development, security and ethical hacking, data science, and other key tech topics. We exist to make cutting-edge topics accessible for all.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Developing-iOS-11-Applications-Using-Swift-4
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Introduction to Playground
Chapter 3 : "Learning English Numbers” Game
- Design the UI of the App with Storyboards 00:08:00
- Generate Random Numbers and Use the text2speech API 00:07:17
- Add the Game Logic 00:07:40
- Chapter 4 : "Water Counter" WatchOS App
- Chapter 5 : Save Data on iOS
- Chapter 6 : GeoLocation
- Chapter 7 : TableViews
- Chapter 8 : IP Location Finder
- Chapter 9 : Release an iOS App
- Chapter 10 : Advanced Frameworks
- Title: Developing iOS 11 Applications Using Swift 4: Build iOS 11 Applications from scratch
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788393546