In this series Rajiv Kohli and Kash Mittal have brought together the work of experts from different industry sectors and backgrounds to provide a state-of-the-art survey and best-practice guidance for scientists and engineers engaged in surface cleaning or handling the consequences of surface contamination.
The expert contributions in this volume cover important fundamental aspects of surface contamination that are key to understanding the behavior of specific types of contaminants. This understanding is essential to develop preventative and mitigation methods for contamination control. The coverage complements the treatment of surface contamination in vol.1, Fundamental and Applied Aspects. This volume covers: Sources and Generation of Particles; Manipulation Techniques for Particles on Surfaces; Particle Deposition and Rebound; Particle Behavior in Liquid Systems; Biological and Metallic Contamination; and includes a comprehensive list of current standards and resources.
Feature: Comprehensive coverage of innovations in surface contamination and cleaning
Benefit: One-stop series where a wide range of readers will be sure to find a solution to their cleaning
problem, saving the time involved in consulting a range of disparate sources.
Feature: Written by established experts in the contamination and cleaning field
Benefit: Provides an authoritative resource
Feature: Each chapter is a comprehensive review of the state of the art.
Benefit: Can be relied on to provide insight, clarity and real expertise on up-to-the-minute
Feature: Case studies included
Benefit: Case studies help the reader see theory applied to the solution of real-world practical cleaning
and contamination problems.
Table of Contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Editors
- Chapter 1. Removal of Surface Contaminants Using Ionic Liquids
Chapter 2. Microemulsions for Cleaning Applications
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Types of Microemulsions, Formulations and Properties
- 3 Basic Process and Principles of Cleaning Surfaces
- 4 Surface Cleaning and Contaminant Removal with Microemulsions
- 5 Design of Microemulsion Cleaners and Evaluation Techniques
- 6 Microemulsion Cleaning Applications
- 7 Current Trends and Future Developments
- Chapter 3. Dual-Fluid Spray Cleaning Technique for Particle Removal
- Chapter 4. Microbial Cleaning for Removal of Surface Contamination
- Chapter 5. Cleanliness Verification on Large Surfaces: Instilling Confidence in Contact Angle Techniques
- Color Plates
- Title: Developments in Surface Contamination and Cleaning
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): William Andrew
- ISBN: 9781437778793