For deployment, we will normally use the wsk command line. We will use it to do the following things:
- Git pull code from GitHub
- Set up Bluemix space for running an app
- Create the services for an application to run
- Configure the environment variables, such as service credentials
- Deploy OpenWhisk triggers and actions
- Push the Node.js application
We can do this with the IBM Bluemix toolchain or through open source tools, such as Jenkins and Serverless Framework. Let's look at both options, starting with the Bluemix toolchain.