Best practices in the real world
Tools such as Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, and Docker often dominate conversations on DevOps, but the DevOps movement is more about changing company culture than it is about tools. As the experts in this O’Reilly video collection demonstrate, breaking down traditional silos and building collaborative teams with both development and operations professionals onboard has yielded some amazing results, including better products that are quicker to market.
This unique collection demonstrates the essence of DevOps principles with practical, real-world examples of people and organizations putting them into practice. Ideal for system administrators, operations managers, and developers, each segment features a session from our recent Velocity conferences.
This video collection includes:
- 10+ Deploys Per Day: Dev and Ops Cooperation at Flickr
John Allspaw (Etsy) and Paul Hammond
Learn how Flickr developed a successful DevOps culture, using tools, techniques, and processes of transparency.
- Challenges to Cultural Change
Mandi Walls (Opscode)
Explore common issues and strategies for managing cultural change in a technical organization—particularly one that’s part of a larger enterprise.
- Changing Operational And Development Culture At The BBC
Andrew Brockhurst, Principal Engineer, BBC
Find out how the BBC implemented DevOps culture in this Velocity conference keynote speech.
- Getting Started With Configuration Management
Sascha Bates (Bratty Redhead Consulting)
Implementing CM on your website? Get some real-world advice and explore some horror stories through code.
- Gamedays on the Obama Campaign
Dylan Richard (formerly Obama for America)
Delve into the series of game day exercises that enabled Obama for America’s technical team to find points of failure in the months prior to Election Day.
- Building For Operations
Steven Murawski, Nick Craver, and George Beech from Stack Exchange
Examine how Stack Exchange manages network infrastructure by building everything with operations in mind.
- The Secret of Safe, Continuous Deployment: Perceptual Diffs
Brett Slatkin (Google)
Discover how Google made continuous development work—and why their team is happier and more productive.
Table of contents
DevOps in Practice
- 10+ Deploys per Day: Dev and Ops Cooperation at Flickr - John Allspaw and Paul Hammond
- Challenges to Cultural Change - Mandi Walls
- Changing Operational and Development Culture at the BBC - Andrew Brockhurst
- Getting Started With Configuration Management - Sascha Bates
- Gamedays on the Obama Campaign - Dylan Richard
- Building For Operations - Steven Murawski, Nick Craver, and George Beech
- The Secret of Safe, Continuous Deployment: Perceptual Diffs - Brett Slatkin
- Title: DevOps in Practice
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491902981
You might also like
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
7 Hours of Video Instruction Seven hours of video instruction covering the fundamentals of cloud computing; …
Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Course: Azure Fundamentals
Not sure where to start with the Microsoft Azure platform? Whether an IT pro or new …