Learn the concepts and methods for creating economic and
business value with digital analytics, mobile analytics, web
analytics, and market research and social media data. In
Digital Analytics Primer, pioneering expert Judah
Phillips introduces the concepts, terms, and methods that comprise
the science and art of digital analysis for web, site, social,
video, and other types of quantitative and qualitative data.
Business readers—from new practitioners to experienced
executives—who want to understand how digital analytics can
be used to reduce costs and increase profitable revenue throughout
the business should read this book. Phillips delivers a
comprehensive review of the core concepts, vocabulary, and
frameworks, including analytical methods and tools that can help
you successfully integrate analytical processes, technology, and
people into all aspects of business operations. This unbiased and
product-independent primer draws from the author's extensive
experience doing and managing analytics in this field.
Table of contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Praise for Digital Analytics Primer
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
- Introduction to This Primer
1. What Is Digital Analytics?
- How Does Big Data and Data Science Fit into Digital Analytics?
- The Strategic and Tactical Use of Digital Analytics
- A Practitioner’s Perspective on Answering the What and the Why with Digital Analytics
- Digital Analytics Concepts
- Paid, Earned, and Owned Media in Digital Analytics
- Digital Analytics for Social Media: Social Analytics
- Is Social Media Analytics About Brand or Direct Response?
- Social Media Direct Response Analytics
- The Incrementality of Social Media
- Digital Analytics for Mobile: Mobile Analytics
- Understanding Mobile Analytics Concepts
- Why Mobile Analytics and How Is It Different from Site Analytics?
- The Importance of Measuring Mobile
- Digital Analytics Team: People Important for Analytical Success
- Digital Analytics and Privacy
- 2. The Analytics Value Chain and the P’s of Digital Analytics
- 3. Methods and Techniques for Digital Analysis
4. Reporting Data and Using Key Performance Indicators
- What Is Reporting and How Does It Happen?
- The Five Elements of Excellent Reporting: RASTA
- The Difference Between Reporting and Dashboarding
- What Is Dashboarding and How Does It Happen?
- The Five Elements of Excellent Dashboarding: LIVES
- Understanding Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Where Does Reporting and Dashboarding Fit in the Analytics Value Chain?
- Example KPIs: Averages, Percentages, Rates/Ratios, .Per X., and Derivatives
- Real-Time Versus Timely Data: A Practitioner Perspective
5. What Are Analytics Tools?
- To Build or to Buy?
- Needing Nothing: When to Keep Your Existing Analytics Tools (Without Replacing)
- Balancing Management of Analytics Technology: Should “the Business” or IT Run It?
- Selecting an Analytics Tool
- Succeeding with Tool Deployment
- Business Concerns: Maintenance
- Why Do Digital Analytics Tools and Data Decay?
- Title: Digital Analytics Primer
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780133812411
You might also like
Measuring the Digital World: Using Digital Analytics to Drive Better Digital Experiences
THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO NEXTGENERATION DIGITAL MEASUREMENT: INDISPENSABLE INSIGHT FOR BUILDING HIGH-VALUE DIGITAL EXPERIENCES! Helps you …
Ecommerce Analytics: Analyze and Improve the Impact of Your Digital Strategy
Today's Complete, Focused, Up-to-Date Guide to Analytics for Ecommerce Profit from analytics throughout the entire customer …
Business Process Change, 4th Edition
Business Process Change: A Business Process Management Guide for Managers and Process Professionals, Fourth Edition, provides …
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing, 2/e
Staying true to its former edition 'Fundamentals of digital marketing (second edition)' is an honest attempt …