Why digital transformation is necessary and how to develop and execute a successful digital transformation strategy
Even though the term ‘Digital Transformation’ is prevalent throughout the current business landscape, various misunderstandings and misconceptions are often attached to it. Everyone agrees that digital transformation is essential for any enterprise, but few can define what it actually means to the modern business. Digital transformation does not specifically or exclusively define the consequences of digital technology. The term refers to the fact that technology, which happens to be digital, enables people to solve their traditional problems with digital solutions. It’s not to say that their problems could not be solved using the older methods, they simply prefer the new way. Digital (R)evolution: Strategies to Accelerate Business Transformation explains why digital transformation is necessary and provides a framework for executing an effective implementation strategy.
Filing a significant gap in current knowledge, this timely book helps senior executives and technology leaders create practical strategies which, when correctly applied, lead to successful digital transformation. Author Yuri Aguiar, Chief Innovation and Transformation Officer at The Ogilvy Group, shares his real-world insights on developing new, digital-based business models and internal processes. Written in clear, straightforward language, this valuable guide:
- Serves as a blueprint for successful digital transformation in any enterprise or organization
- Addresses the strategy and governance requirements of businesses regardless of industry
- Features in-depth, firsthand examples of various transformation strategies
- Explains the factors than cause strategies to succeed or fail
Digital (R)evolution: Strategies to Accelerate Business Transformation is a much-needed resource for C-suite executives, corporate board members, corporate attorneys, investors, and venture capitalists.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Drivers of Change
- Chapter 2: Focus and Discipline
- Chapter 3: Idea Incubation
- Chapter 4: Operational Excellence
- Chapter 5: Customer-Driven Change
- Chapter 6: Strategy vs. Execution
- Chapter 7: Hire Captains, Not Kings or Queens
Chapter 8: Integrated Ecosystems
- Making the Case for Collaboration
- Don't Make Assumptions
- When Life Gives You Lemons…
- Communities of Practice
- Social and Collaboration Tools
- Innovation Targets
- Key Success Factors
- Great Execution Eats Strategy for Lunch!
- Lessons Learned on Execution
- Dealing with an Informed and Intelligent Audience
- Dealing with a Knowledgeable Audience
- Global Research Use Case
- More Lessons Learned: When Business Strategy Is the Only Driver of Transformation
- Using Machine Learning to Solve the Information Overload Challenge
- The Future of Collaboration
- Chapter 9: Digital Proficiency and Innovation
- Chapter 10: Are You “Digitally Determined” or “Digitally Distraught”?
- Chapter 11: Use Case: The Smart City
- Chapter 12: Looking Ahead: Runway or Precipice?
Chapter 13: AI: The Elephant in the Room
- What Artificial Intelligence Is and Isn't
- Adaptive Business Process Transformation
- Debunking Myths About Artificial Intelligence
- Finding Needles in Haystacks
- Will AI Replace Your Employees?
- Is There a Difference Between AI and Data Science?
- Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist
- AI is Part of the Emerging DARQ Stack
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Title: Digital (R)evolution
- Release date: June 2020
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119619734
You might also like
Every organization has a plan for updating products, technologies, and business processes. But that’s not enough …
Become a Digital Master—No Matter What Business You’re In If you think the phrase “going digital” …
Discover how to survive and thrive in an increasingly digital world Digital strategy should consist of …
Two world-renowned strategists detail the seven leadership imperatives for transforming companies in the new digital era. …