Improve business adaptability, staff engagement and quality for the benefit of your customers
Business systems do not always end up the way that we first plan them. Requirements can change to accommodate a new strategy, a new target or a new competitor. In these circumstances, conventional business management methods often struggle and a different approach is required.
Agile Business Management is a series of concepts and processes for the day-to-day management of an organisation. As an Agile manager, you need to understand, embody and encourage these concepts. By embracing and shaping change within your organisation you can take advantage of new opportunities and outperform your competition.
Changing the way you and your business operate
Using a combination of first-hand research and in-depth case studies, Directing the Agile Organisation offers a fresh approach to business management, applying Agile processes pioneered in the IT and manufacturing industries. Agile Business Management is divided into four domains, which each require change to the way your business operates.
- Chapter 1 looks at your role as a manager. How will your responsibilities change under Agile Business Management? What techniques can you use to manage your staff?
- Chapter 2 discusses your organisation's relationship and interaction with its customers. What are their needs and goals, and how can you work together to achieve them?
- Chapter 3 provides the organisational context in which Agile Business Management operates. It discusses lean management structures and the techniques to manage different types of staff, teams and organisations.
- Chapter 4 looks at how you and your team work the "agile way" and describes tools and techniques to help optimise workflow, exploit change and manage customer requirements.
The book closes with a look at associated financial models that support your Agile organisation, the processes you can use to run an Agile Business Management transformation, and the first steps to take towards that transformation.
Directing the Agile Organisation will be of interest to managers and senior executives who want to improve business processes in order to remain competitive in today's market.
Discover how Agile Business Management enables better staff engagement, more dynamic customer relationships and prevents projects being hampered by out-of-date requirements.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: You, the Agile Manager
- Chapter 2: Integrated Customer Engagement
- Chapter 3: The Structure of an Agile Organisation
- Chapter 4: Work, the Agile Way
- Chapter 5: The Agile Budget
- Chapter 6: Reflection, Retrospectives and Kaizen
- Chapter 7: The Shape of Things to Come
- ITG Resources
- Title: Directing the Agile Organisation
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284936
You might also like
Agile Project Management For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Flex your project management muscle Agile project management is a fast and flexible approach to managing …
Project retrospectives help teams examine what went right and what went wrong on a project. But …
Fixing Your Scrum
A Scrum Master's work is never done. The Development team needs your support, the Product Owner …
The Agile Developer's Handbook
A pragmatic companion guide to your Agile journey About This Book Make your team Agile by …