Laying the groundwork for an SRM environment
You will need to perform a set of configuration activities to lay the groundwork for an SRM environment so that it can be used to test or execute the Recovery Plans.
Here is an outline of the tasks that need to be done to form an SRM environment:
- Preparing storage for an array-based replication
- Host presentation (zoning) at the protected and recovery sites
- Installing SRM on both the protected and recovery sites
- Installing the SRM plugin for vSphere Client
- Pairing the SRM instances
- Installing SRA
- Adding array managers
- Enabling array pairs
- Creating resource, folder, and network mappings
- Creating placeholder datastores
Preparing storage for an array-based replication
The first thing that you will need to do is make ...