Providing theoretical and practical insight, Distressed Debt Analysis: Strategies for Speculative Investors presents a conceptual, but not overly technical, outline of the financial and bankruptcy law context in which restructurings take place. The book covers the broader financial environment of the reorganization and the basic process of investment analysis and investment strategies. The author uses numerous real-world examples and case studies to emphasize important concepts and critical issues.
The developments that have created these extraordinary investment opportunities have also created tremendous demand for professionals with experience and knowledge in the restructuring process. Distressed Debt Analysis: Strategies for Speculative Investors addresses the complete knowledge needs of investors and professionals in the burgeoning world of financially distressed companies. It is perfect for financial analysts, portfolio managers, bankruptcy departments of law firms, restructuring advisory groups, turnaround consulting firms, and reorganization and distressed securities departments of investment banks.
- Provides investment techniques to profit from reorganizations, restructurings, and bankruptcies, including appropriate hedging and exit strategies for either short- or long-term investment horizons
- Explains how to determine whether the investment objective is feasible given the capital structure of a target company and where in the capital structure to invest to achieve the investment goal
- Identifies when a restructuring can be accomplished outside of a bankruptcy process and the most effective strategies and techniques to effect such change
- Details the legal and financial due diligence issues that affect investment returns to appropriately identify and quantify the investment risks
- Illustrates basic investment strategies and analytical techniques with case studies and references to numerous real-world examples to emphasize important concepts and critical issues
- WAV offers a free downloadable due-diligence checklist, comprehensive glossary, and examples of big-boy letters, confidentiality agreements, reorganization plans and key covenant provisions — available from the Web Added Value™ Download Resource Center upon publication at www.jrosspub.com/wav