Unleash the power of docker-compose to create services and deploy multi-container services to a swarm.
About This Video
- Discover the new features added to the core Docker engine to make multi-container orchestration simple.
- Enhance your Orchestration skills with Docker Swarm and Compose to orchestrate containers
- Use Docker Compose with Swarm and apply rolling updates for zero downtime deployments
Docker provides a fast and robust way to deploy applications. At present it is very popular as it makes it possible to get many applications running on the same server; it also makes it very simple to package and ship programs. In this course we cover the new orchestration features and help to build, test, and deploy your app using Docker. We show you how to use Docker Swarm to manage many containers across multiple servers. We familiarize you with local and shared storage and multi-host networking. Additionally, we discuss the core tools such as Docker Swarm and Compose in order to improve your orchestration skills. By the end of this course you will understand how to run a swarm and how to run services on the swarm. Finally you will learn to use docker-compose to create services and deploy multi-container services to a swarm.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Storage and Networking
- Chapter 2 : Docker Swarm Management
- Chapter 3 : Docker Swarm Services
- Chapter 4 : Docker Compose
- Title: Dive into Orchestration with Docker Swarm
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788476027