You Go

Forward planning is essential for any successful trip. Be prepared for all eventualities by considering the following points before you travel.

Passports and Visas

EU nationals and citizens of the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand need a Tourist Card for stays of up to 30 days. These are issued by airlines, travel agencies and Cuban consulates, and are extendable for an additional 30 days when you are on the island.

In addition to a Tourist Card, US citizens need a “general licence” to visit Cuba. To be eligible for one of these, your travel purpose must fall into one of 12 categories. All US citizens, however, can travel with a group tour or cruise, under the “people to people” educational ...

Get DK Eyewitness Cuba now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.