Epic and idyllic, Norway is a country of contrasts.
Whether you want to hike around 'the Home of the Giants' in Jotunheimen, hit the slopes at Hafjell or hunker down in a remote cabin, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Norway has to offer.
With its dramatic coastline, unspoiled mountain ranges and phenomenal fjords, Norway is home to some of Europe's most spectacular landscapes. While adventure awaits in the wilderness, the cosmopolitan cities offer superlative museums, world-class cuisine and cutting-edge architecture.
Our newly updated guide brings Norway to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed information on all the must-see sights, inspiring photography and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of the Norway's must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Norway, from Vestlandet to Sørlandet, Telemark to Trøndelag
Travelling around Scandinavia? Try our DK Eyewitness Sweden and DK Eyewitness Denmark.
Table of Contents
- KEY TO BOOK ICONS
- Welcome to Norway
- Reasons to Love Norway
- Explore Norway
- Norway Itineraries
- Norway for Foodies
- Norway’s Extraordinary Fjords
- Norway on a Budget
- Norway for Families
- Norway for Bookworms
- Norway and the Viking Trail
- Norwegian Adventures
- Norway’s Beautiful Architecture
- Norway for National Parks
- Norway on Tap
- A Year in Norway
- A Brief History
- EXPERIENCE OSLO
- EXPERIENCE NORWAY
- NEED TO KNOW
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND IMPRINT
- Title: DK Eyewitness Norway
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): DK Eyewitness Travel
- ISBN: 9781465486929