For more information see Royal Parks and Gardens
The finest piece of Tudor architecture in Britain, Hampton Court was begun by Henry VIII’s ally Cardinal Wolsey in 1514 and later given to the king. It was enlarged first by Henry and then by William and Mary, who employed Christopher Wren as architect. Its many rooms include a huge kitchen, a Renaissance Picture Gallery, the Chapel Royal and fine royal apartments. Set in 60 acres, the gardens, with their famous maze, are as much an attraction as the palace (see Hampton Court).
An intimate royal palace in ...