Passports and Visas

All visitors to the US must have a valid passport. Citizens of 38 countries may enter without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program for stays of up to 90 days. To use this program, you must have an e-passport embedded with an electronic chip; prior to travel, apply for eligibility through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). On arrival in the US, a Customs and Border Protection officer will make the final determination to allow entry.

A number of countries including the UK, Canada and Australia have consulates in California and are able to provide assistance to ...

Get DK Eyewitness Top 10 San Diego now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.