Reminiscent of a provincial Mediterranean town, Goa’s capital, Panaji is situated at the mouth of the Mandovi River. Formerly a port of the kings of Bijapur, it became a military landing stage after the arrival of the Portuguese in 1510. In 1843, Panaji, or Panjim as it was then called, became the official capital of Portuguese territories in India. Today, it has a relaxed and friendly ambience, notably along the leafy avenues of the old town.
NEED TO KNOW
Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate ...