Find your corner of Washington, DC with this essential travel guide to this great city, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you there before you've even packed your suitcase - learn about the nation's history at the Lincoln Memorial, enjoy the view from the Washington Monument, or explore the exhibits at the National Gallery of Art. The DK Eyewitness Guide to Washington, DC covers the must-see sights and the hidden corners, so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love Washington, DC: world-class museums, the magnificent National Mall, watching government in action, cherry trees in bloom - what will yours be?
- See Washington, DC from a different angle - 18 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A year-long calendar of events in Washington, DC gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- Detailed, color maps help you navigate the city with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views, and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including the United States Capitol, the White House, Washington National Cathedral, and Thomas Jefferson's Monticello
- Covers Capitol Hill, the Mall, South of the Mall, Penn Quarter, the White House and Foggy Bottom, the Northwest, Georgetown, beyond the centre, and sights beyond the city.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Washington, DC is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Planning a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Washington, DC guide.