You Go

Forward planning is essential to any successful trip. Be prepared for all eventualities by considering the following points before you travel.

Passports and Visas

EU nationals and citizens of the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand do not need a tourist visa for stays of less than 90 days. All visitors need a return or onward ticket. A tourist card will be issued on arrival; valid for 90 days, this can be extended at a migración (immigration) office.

If transiting via the USA, you must apply for the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) before traveling.


Travel Safety Advice

Visitors can get up-to-date travel safety advice from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth ...

Get DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Costa Rica now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.