Chapter 1. Basic Principles
This chapter describes the fundamental concepts of integration, and is intended as an introduction to integration technology and terminology. You will:
- Learn the basic concepts, which are often used in the context of integration architecture
- Grasp an overview of the different architecture variants, such as point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, pipeline, and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Learn about service-oriented integration with an explanation of both the process and the workflow integration patterns
- Understand the different types of data integration and the accompanying patterns
- Gain an understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Enterprise Information Integration (EII), and an indication of how direct ...