A compact, quick guide to orchestrating and deploying scalable services with Docker
About This Video
- A fast-paced practical guide that will get you up and running with Docker.
- Find and build images and successfully run your programs within containers
- Deploy and test your Docker containers and put them to work in production
Docker is one of the world’s best software container platforms. The use of containers in Docker makes it easy to develop, deploy and execute applications. Abstraction helps developers to run applications inside the containers. Docker containers enable developers to make changes to their Docker pictures and also control the versions of the pictures. With the help of Docker, we can build a container image and use it multiple times during deployment..You will start with promptly installing Docker and start working with images and containers. You will be introduced to different types of containers and their applications, we would also guide you on how to find and build images. You will also gain knowledge on how you can contribute to the image repository by publishing different images. This will accustom you with the image building process and you will be able to successfully run your programs within containers.By the end of this course, you will be confident in deploying your applications using Docker and will have a clear understanding of concepts, techniques, and practical methods to get it running in production systems.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Installing and Deploying Docker
- Chapter 2 : Dockerfile Basics
- Chapter 3 : Dockerfile Advanced
- Chapter 4 : Images and Registries
- Title: Docker - A Better Way to Build Apps
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788474009