Create an impressive .Net Application using Docker
About This Video
- A complete guide to assist you with Docker in your .NET Application
- This guide covers the advanced features of Docker with fully up-to-date techniques and real case examples
- A practical tutorial designed for .NET Users to help you use Docker in your application
Docker is the world’s leading software container platform. Developers use Docker to eliminate “it works on my machine” problems when collaborating on code with co-workers. Docker is a way of deploying and scaling applications inside a developer’s own virtual environment, in a completely isolated manner.
The course will guide you through setting up Docker on a Windows desktop, running your first ASP.NET Core Docker image, and becoming comfortable managing and running these images. We’ll give you more information on the options available to you for the desktop. Then we’ll show you how to run your containers with the Docker command line, exposing ports and environment variables. Moving on, you’ll build your very first ASP.NET Core application and add a database and linking containers. Then we’ll show you how to debug your .NET application by interacting with your Docker image and debugging it into a container using Visual Studio.
You’ll get a brief introduction to the vast options available to run Docker images inside the cloud: Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud. Finally, we’ll take a look at Kubernetes, an open source platform originally from Google for deploying, scaling, and managing containers, which is fast becoming the de facto docker management tool for running containers in the cloud.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Docker-for-ASP.NET-Core-MVC-
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Working with Docker
Chapter 2 : Configuring and Customizing Your .Net Core Application
- Getting More Advanced – Introducing Nooptime 00:03:13
- Building and Running Nooptime 00:05:23
- Passing in Configuration via Environment Variables 00:04:51
- Customizing the Dockerfile 00:05:09
- Chapter 3 : Making Your .Net Core Application Data Driven and Robust
- Chapter 4 : Debugging Your .Net Core Application
- Chapter 5 : Orchestration Systems and Kubernetes
- Title: Docker for ASP.NET Core MVC
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788831468