Leverage Docker for end-to-end automation of Java development
About This Video
- Take control of the container lifecycle using the Docker command line
- Create a Docker image with a Java application
- Create and orchestrate more complex architectures using Docker
Docker is the world's leading software container platform. Developers use Docker to eliminate "works on my machine" problems when collaborating on code with co-workers. Docker is a command-line program, a background daemon, and a set of remote services that take a logistical approach to solve common software problems.
This course starts with the key concepts of containerization and Docker. Next, you'll see the need for containerization and how Docker is tackling those problems. You will build and monitor the status of containers using the Docker shell, and supervise containers. Then, using a Docker file, you'll create a simple java application that will be containerized inside Docker. All installation will be easily distributed in a Docker image that contains Java. The final section is dedicated to more advanced use cases, and you'll see how to automate more complex architectures using Docker.
At the end of the course, you'll run software in containers and understand why delivering software using containers is a lot faster and more reliable. You'll know what problems containerization software solves. So, grab this course and build great software with Docker!
This course uses Java 8, and Docker 18, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Java.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Get Started with Docker
- The Course Overview 00:02:20
- Introduction to Docker and Problems It Solves 00:07:45
- Practical Use Cases of Docker 00:04:28
- Docker Setup 00:06:28
- Using and Starting Ready Docker Image from Docker Hub 00:05:18
Chapter 2 : Containerization of Software
- Learning Docker Command Line 00:04:15
- Controlling and Monitoring Containers — Supervising 00:10:23
- PID Namespace 00:03:48
- Building and Running Our First Container 00:04:25
- Chapter 3 : Packaging Software for Distribution
- Chapter 4 : Multi Container and Multi Host Environments
- Title: Docker for Java Developers
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788629492