Although this book has a specific focus on Australian firms doing business in China, the important and unique contribution this book makes will help you and anyone in an organization that is considering doing business in China. China maintains a high growth economy and is currently the second largest in the world. This book, which includes results from research interviews conducted with business executives from 40 organizations, will assist in preparing to do business in China. This book takes you through the various elements associated with doing business in China, including the opportunities that are available and the obstacles that organizations can face, supported by data from real businesses internationalizing to China. It examines key areas including the foreign direct investment and trade framework, Chinese culture, political and legal frameworks, intellectual property regulations, motivations for internationalization, market entry strategy, and human resource management issues.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- List of Abbreviations
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Exploring the Trade and Investment Environment in China
- Chapter 3 Understanding the Cultural Gap Between Australia and China
- Chapter 4 Using the Political Structure in China: Can We Ever Make Sense of It?
- Chapter 5 The Legal System: How Can You Use It to Your Benefit?
- Chapter 6 Intellectual Property in China—Are the Issues All They Are Cracked Up to Be?
- Chapter 7 Motivations, Planning, and Strategies for China
- Chapter 8 Entry Mode and Location Choices in China
- Chapter 9 Human Resource Management in China: Can You Find Skilled Staff and Retain Them?
- Chapter 10 Conclusions
- Ad Page
- Back Cover
- Title: Doing Business in China
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781606493458
You might also like
Intercultural Communication for Managers
People have always found a way to trade with one another, overcoming enormous barriers. Business and …
Own the A.I. Revolution: Unlock Your Artificial Intelligence Strategy to Disrupt Your Competition
Disrupt your industry, boost profitability, and grow your business with a powerful A.I. strategy. Artificial Intelligence …
The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work
Negativity in the workplace costs businesses billions of dollars and impacts the morale, productivity and health …
Principles of Marketing, 17/e
Help readers learn how to create value through customer connections and engagement In a fast-changing, increasingly …