"Domestic Violence Spills Over into the Workplace" presents ways to assess the danger of and address issues associated with domestic violence in the workplace. This 22-minute video presentation of narrated slides provides valuable information on recognizing signs of abuse, the cost to companies, and what actions to take to mitigate the negative impact of domestic violence in your workplace. It also addresses how to develop and communicate a domestic violence policy and a safety plan for survivors.
Presenter Rosalind W. Jackson has years of experience managing workplace violence prevention programs in both corporate office and manufacturing settings. This presentation is a valuable tool for human resources and security professionals for use in training, business and security executives in the development of a corporate domestic violence policy, and educators in the classroom.
"Domestic Violence Spills Over into the Workplace" is a part of Elsevier’s Security Executive Council Risk Management Portfolio, a collection of real world solutions and "how-to" guidelines that equip executives, practitioners, and educators with proven information for successful security and risk management programs.Key Features:
* The 22-minute, visual PowerPoint presentation with audio narration format is excellent for group learning
* Discusses ways to assess the danger of and address issues associated with domestic violence spillover into the workplace
* Addresses how to develop and communicate a domestic violence policy and a safety plan for survivorsTopics Discussed in the Presentation
- What Is Domestic Violence?
- Survivors—Not Victims
- Statistics: Domestic Violence Spillover
- Domestic Violence Costs to Businesses
- Statistics: Domestic Violence
- Planning Your Workplace Domestic Violence Program
- Domestic Violence Program Components
- Types of Domestic Violence
- Signs and Symptoms
- Who Are the Abused?
- Who Are the Abusers?
- Psychological Effects of Domestic Abuse
- The Cycle of Violence
- The Survivor Safety Plan
- Safety Precautions and Strategies
Table of Contents
- Title: Domestic Violence Spills Over into the Workplace
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Elsevier
- ISBN: 9780124165663