Book descriptionLeading change just got a whole lot easier.
Think you need awe-inspiring visions, complicated plans, and fist-pounding speeches to inspire change? Think again.
A rising tide of real leaders ranging from banking executives and heads of multinational manufacturers to hospital administrators and small business owners have discovered a surprisingly simple way to deliver steady results in spite of unrelenting change. Brimming with compelling stories and grounded in research, Domino: The Simplest Way to Inspire Change reveals two approaches to leading change: Change by Addition and Change by Decision. Disturbingly, Change by Addition is far less effective, but is used far more often. Until now. Luckily, Change by Decision is not only more effective it also requires less time and fewer resources—allowing ordinary managers to take their teams in exciting new directions.
- Understand how to free yourself and your team from the shackles of change by addition.
- Explore stories of real leaders in a multitude of industries to see how the Domino techniques apply in any situation
- Examine the leadership skills that inspire smart strategies and adaptive teams
- Execute plans quicker and easier by mastering the art of effective change leadership
Domino: The Simplest Way to Inspire Change is a radically simple book that highlights a new approach for executing change and inspiring agility in the workplace.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: What's Eating Glen Peterson?
Part One: Drive Change
Section 1: Use Your Blinkers
- Chapter 1: Sandy's Rule
- Chapter 2: Why the Principal Killed the Football Team
- Chapter 3: Drivers and Passengers
- Chapter 4: The Permission Ceremony, Part 1: The Drama
- Section 2: Check Your Mirrors
- Section 1: Use Your Blinkers
Part Two: Adapt to Change
- Section 1: Anticipate
- Section 2: Decide
Section 3: Align
- Chapter 16: Rosa Parks and the Science of Revolution
- Chapter 17: How to Break a Bottleneck
- Chapter 18: Mobilize the Middle
- Chapter 19: Don't Forget the Waitlist!
- Section 4: Permit
- Section 5: Test
- Epilogue: When Change Blows
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Domino
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119083061
You might also like
I Moved Your Cheese
If you were a mouse trapped in a maze and someone kept moving the cheese, what …
Business Development For Dummies
Growing a small business requires more than just sales Business Development For Dummies helps maximise the …
Escaping the Build Trap
To stay competitive in today’s market, organizations need to adopt a culture of customer-centric practices that …
Discover your purpose with the Game Plan System In Inflection Points: How to Work and Live …