Creating a secondary View control
In this recipe we will see how to move beyond the basic View, Edit, and Settings controls to create a second View control. We'll start with the Datagrid project from Chapter 6, Data Entry Tricks and add a new control to it. Then in the next recipe we'll see how to navigate to the new control from the Datagrid.
There are six steps to create a secondary View control:
- Design the layout of the control.
- Create the new web control in your project.
- Add the code that will populate the control the page loads.
- Add a return link that takes the user back to the primary view control.
- Add the local resources for the labels.
- Update the manifest with the new files.
The View control we will create is organized in a simple HTML table ...