Setting up site search
In this recipe, we will see how to configure Drupal's native site search. The search feature is a part of the Drupal core module set. We will start by enabling the module, and then proceed to set up the search index. Finally, we will move the search block to the header.
How to do it...
- Log in to your site and select Modules from the admin menu.
- Locate the Search module, which is under the Core category, and make sure the checkbox is selected.
- To enable the module, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save configuration.
- Select Configuration from the admin menu.
- Select Search settings from the SEARCH AND METADATA category.
- Under INDEXING THROTTLE leave the Number of items to index per cron run at 100.
- Under the INDEXING ...