Chapter 3. Working with Blocks
In this chapter we will cover:
- Adding a new block
- Creating a submenu block
- Creating a Superfish menu block
- Creating a block with Views
- Adding a new block region to a theme
- Creating a mega footer menu
- Conditional display of a block
Blocks constitute one of the fundamental methods of display in Drupal. Throughout this chapter we will be exploring how to add simple content blocks. Following this we will use blocks to expand upon Drupal's menu system by creating a submenu block from the main menu items, and then we will see how we can enhance the main navigation so that it becomes a drop-down menu.
Blocks aren't limited to basic content and menus, and we shall introduce the power of views in creating a simple views ...