Creating a basic content type
In this recipe, we will learn how to create a very simple content type called Menu item, which could be used in conjunction with Views to create a menu for a restaurant. To create the content type we will first set up the default fields; following this we will add a new field named Price.
Our Menu item content type will consist of the following fields:
- Title (Node module element)
- Body (Long text and summary)
- Price (Decimal)
How to do it...
In the following steps we will be creating a new content type called Menu item, then adding and configuring a decimal field called price:
- Select Structure from the admin menu, then select Content types.
- Select +Add content type.
- In the Name field enter Menu item.
- In the Description field ...